benefits and healing powers
a glass of water with freshly squeezed lemon juice, especially first thing in the morning, can help relieve or prevent digestive problems like bloating, intestinal gas and heartburn and stimulate better digestion in general.
lemons are antiseptic and have powerful cleansing effect on our liver, kidneys and blood. an overworked liver in particular has an influence on how good we feel. so having a simple way to cleanse it each morning can make a big difference to our daily energy over time. it also gives us our essential daily portion of vitamin c. and a lot of minerals, is good for skin, hair and nails and eliminates bad breath.
so, lemon is acidic or alkaline?
it commonly believes that lemon is acidic because it’s sour in taste. however, in the view of nutritional science, lemon is an alkaline food, which is good for us.
MORE BENEFITS OF LEMON….
1. BOWEL CLEANSING: The bitter taste of lemons gives these fruits the ability to increase peristalsis, pumping movement in the intestines, which helps eliminate waste and improve bowel regularity. Add the lemon juice to a cup of hot water and drink it first thing in the morning.
2. CANCER: 22 Lemons contain anticancer compounds, including limonene, a natural oil that slows or stops the growth of cancer tumors in animals. Lemons also contain a substance called flavonoid glycosides which stop cell division in cancer cells.
3. COLDS AND FLU: Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work together for a serious blow against infection.
4. LIVER: fresh lemon juice added to a glass of warm water in the morning is a very powerful liver detoxifier.
5. NUTRITION: Lemons contain vitamin C, citric acid, flavonoids, B vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and fiber.
6. IT BALANCES THE BODY CHEMISTRY: while lemons are acidic, they interact with the metabolism of the body have an alkalizing effect on the body fluids that help restore the body’s pH balance.
• Allergies: Lemons contain the phytonutrient hesperetin studies have shown that it is ancillary to relieve allergy symptoms.
• The brain and nervous system: Lemon contains a powerful phytonutrient tangeretin in its shell, lemons have proven effective for brain disorders such as Parkinson’s disease.
• Eye: The phytonutrient Routine, which is also found in lemons, has been shown in research that helps improve symptoms of eye disorders, including diabetic retinopathy.
• Anti-Viral: Besides being effective against cold viruses and influenza, terpene limonoid found in lemons, has demonstrated antiviral effects in several types of virus.
• Diabetes: In addition to improving eye problems associated with diabetes, lemons containing hesperetin which lowers blood sugar levels (when high).
• Gallbladder, Kidney Stones: The citric acid found in lemon juice helps to dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
• Anti-Aging: Vitamin C is found in lemons helps neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease.
Fuente: Energy for Life (Natural Health Institute)